Questions – Monica M. Lawton for Style Compass Media
Answers – Dris Mhammedi
1. What was your childhood like?
I had a fun childhood. I grew up in Morocco with my two younger brothers, and parents, we always had pets (cats, dogs, birds)… We would go to our summer house by the beach where I enjoyed playing around, and being in the water, my best memories are from there. My father taught me how to fish, and we would go on fishing trips. My mother is sweet and kind, she taught me how to behave, and to be a gentleman with the ladies…
2. Do you recall a moment which occurred in your childhood which shifted your point of view?
There is nothing major that I can think of.
3. Do you have a guilty pleasure, if so, what is it, and why? for example mine are fantasy movies / shows
Are your readers +18?
Right, next question…
4. If you had to give a speech in a room full of people, what would you want people to leave feeling, or understanding about you?
Hmmm, If I ever give a speech in a room full of people I would love to talk about our capacity of moving forward, and say that our biggest challenge is ourself. We have the capability of reaching our goals, and change our way of perceiving things. We all have that power within, we just need to unlock it.
I would like the people to leave the room feeling inspired, or at least remember my name.
5. Do you have hidden talent, and would you mind sharing it?
I am pretty good at sensing people.
6. What is / was, your most humbling moment?
There is nothing major that I can think of.
7. What motivates you?
New Goals, Challenges, Adventures.
8. What’s your favorite curse word, and why?
I don’t curse, I am a nice guy. Until I’m in bed with a woman…
9. What is your point of view about being vulnerable?
Vulnerability is sexy, what makes you vulnerable makes you beautiful…
10. What is the most important thing you wish to experience, or have experienced in your life?
My most interesting experience was moving to a new country and starting everything over again. When I was 28, I moved from Morocco to Sweden, and faced a lot of challenges. I also had a lot of expectations for myself, from others, and from the country. I had to reconsider and re-question everything I knew, and started learning over again. Morocco was the country where I grew up, but Sweden was the country where I was broken-down then rebuilt, to become stronger…
11. What would you like to experience before you leave this planet, and why?
I would like to live in many different countries, I have a lot of curiosity.
12. People will message asking, so I will just ask in advance.
Do you have a girlfriend / partner?
Single, no partner.
13. Where have you traveled up till now, and where would you like to travel?
I have visited most of Europe, North America, and few countries around here in South East Asia.
14. What makes you happy?
Sunny days, the ocean, and a sense of accomplishment. A long nice day in the surf, and salt. Delicious food, seeing my closest friends, live bands with great musicians, and of course, being in Bali…
15. What makes you sad?
The cold dark winters… but very few things nowadays.
16. What makes you laugh from the bellows of your soul?
Funny animal videos on youtube…
17. What does beauty represent to you?
Life is full of beauty, we just need to notice it.
18. What goals have you set for yourself, personally / professionally?
I recently launched a startup for Surf &Yoga instructors, www.surfandyoga.com. It’s an online community where surf, and yoga instructors, and their clients can connect anywhere in the world for a truly unique experience. The website serves as a meeting point where surf, and yoga instructors can instantly register. They can showcase their profiles, define their availability, receive payments, and communicate with their clients. Likewise, clients can look for instructors, review their profiles, book a lesson, make payments, communicate with their instructors, and leave feedback…
I also recently took an education to become a Life-Coach, and the experience itself was life changing. It helped me to understand things about myself, and others.
I am very exited to see what these two activities will bring, and teach me this year. I have a long way to go to reach my goals for both Surf &Yoga and Life-coaching…
19. What scares you?
20. How awesome is it that you’ve met Monica M. Lawton?
Pretty awesome apparently, but yet to find out why…